UPF is a young, public and modern university founded in 1990 and called to become one of the leading European universities.
Awarded with a CEI label (International Excellence Campus) by the Spanish Ministry of Education, UPF's indicators have made it a benchmark for the Spanish and European university systems. In recent years, the University has begun to figure prominently in some prestigious international rankings.
- International Excellence Campus (Spanish Ministry of Education, 2010)
- Highest rate of performance in the Spanish system: 90% (2013-2014 academic year)
- One of the twenty European universities with the most projects funded by the European Research Council (ERC, 2014)
- First Spanish university in research productivity (Ranking 2012 in research production and productivity in the Spanish university public system (published in 2013)
- High satisfaction rate (90%) and job placements (83%) among graduates (AQU Catalunya, 2014)